AdventHealth Care Connector in Celebration, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Care Connector - AdventHealth
Location Address: Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full time hours with Benefits
- We have Positive values with a productive and energetic atmosphere
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates appropriate customer-care skills such as empathy, active listening, courtesy, politeness, helpfulness and other skills as identified.
- Performs skills necessary to create a high-quality patient experience, as reflected through acceptable satisfaction scores, quality monitoring, and patient feedback.
- Copies, scans, files, and distributes documents.
- Documents activities and progress in the electronic medical record per defined policy and procedures, computer billing/utilization systems, or in other ways as directed. Inputs clinical information and discharge planning details into the medical record as appropriate for the role.
- Keeps RN Care Manager, Social Worker and/or other members of clinical team informed of issues or delays impacting a timely discharge or scheduling of post-acute appointments.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Care Connector assigned to the post-acute team:
- Prepares documents and reports required data for clinical reviews and discharge plans for third-party payers and other internal and/or external groups.
- Contacts third-party payers to obtain and/or confirm authorization for services and communicates necessary related clinical information, when required.
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of care management contracts during and after patient’s hospitalization.
- Ensures all contract information is accurately documented and maintained in patients’ medical record.
- Thoroughly researches issues and takes appropriate action to resolve them within turnaround time requirements and quality standards. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, responsiveness, and initiative
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients/family
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize internal and external resources
- Flexibility in prioritization and effective organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Professional presentation and decorum aligned with environment in which they are situated
- Ability to speak using clear and professional language
- Demonstrate written communication skills
- Demonstrate interpersonal/verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.